Join the contestants and crowds on Saturday, July 11, 2020 at 2:45 p.m., location TBD.
The Moxie Chugging Challenge is not for the faint of heart or esophagus. If you can’t hold your Moxie, this is not a challenge for you.
If, however, you aspire to gastronomic greatness, the cheers of amazed crowds, and the title of “Moxie Chugging Challenge Champion.”
This year, the rules are as follows:
1. Be one of the first six chuggers to arrive at contest location in Lisbon Falls at 2:45 p.m. on Saturday, July 11, 2020.
2. Pay the $5 entry fee to Judge Julie-Ann Baumer
3. You will receive a 12 pack of Moxie for chugging purposes. No bottles of any size are allowed.
4. You will be side by side with your fellow contenders; you will each have a bucket in front of you.
This is for empty Moxie cans only.
5. A judge will call “Time” and chugging will begin.
6. You will completely consume the contents of each can before a new can is opened.
7. You may open and chug your Moxie using any preferred method.
8. Half-finished cans will be counted as half-finished cans.
9. You will place all your empty cans in your bucket for counting.
The contender who consumes the most Moxie at the end of 2 minutes will be declared the “MOXIE CHUGGING CHALLENGE CHAMPION.” The final determination and Moxie can count will be certified by Judge Baumer. Any contender who cannot “hold” their Moxie will be immediately disqualified and asked to vacate the Moxie Chugging Challenge area.
Translation: Vomiting is not a strategy. It’s grounds for elimination.
First place winner will receive a trophy, an additional 12-pack of Moxie, and the collected cash.
2017 Chugging Challenge
Beau Bradstreet of Bridgewater, Maine won for the 7th year in a row. Seven cans in 2 minutes. Rev. Beau Wagner was the official timer, thank you Rev Wagner.
Contestants from left: Johnny Doyle of Durham, ME; Jason Field of Sabattus, MEs; John Wombacher of Bucksport, ME; Beau Bradstreet of Bridewater, ME; Anthony Brock of Mars Hills, ME; Willem Conley of Duluth, GA; and Linda Walsh of Bel-Air, MD